Hotmail login: Hotmail is an increasingly popular emailing service used by millions of people worldwide. www.Hotmail.com is one of the services that were started-off when the email service trend was catching up fast. It is the brainchild of Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith. Two individuals spearheaded the very concept of Hotmail that became the most sought after mode of e-communication.
In the year 1996, they launched the Hotmail email service which took its ultimate shape after two years of constant hard work and deliberation. Hotmail is one of the leading email services in the world today with a user base of over 350 million.
What Is Hotmail.com?
Hotmail is one of the common webmail services worldwide. It is a free email service with various features that make it attractive for your clients and business as well. The original service was launched in the year 1996 but after a year the leading computer manufacturer Microsoft acquired it.
Given it was only a year when it was initiated but Microsoft saw some potential in it and made a huge bid for this service. Microsoft continued to add some of its own services to it too thus making it one of the leading webmail services in the world.
More people are joining Hotmail email services as it is reliable and have great ways to market.
Hotmail service is available in most countries in the world. The user can access it in virtually all places where there is an internet connection available. It is a convenient way to store your data as it offers enough space to store large files and email attachments.
How to Create www.Hotmail.com Account?
Microsoft acquired Hotmail in the year 1997 as already discussed earlier for an estimated $400 million. In October 2011 Microsoft released its final version and later in the year 2013 it was replaced by Outlook.com. But still, the Hotmail addresses exist. Signing in to the Hotmail account is the same thing as signing in the Outlook. Both Microsoft and Hotmail are essential the same.
Microsoft upgraded the interface to make a better experience for the users with Outlook.com.
Salient Features Of Hotmail
Microsoft does not content with copying the common traits from rivals. It always tries to find compelling new ways for users to interact with email. Here are a few salient features offered by Hotmail to its users:
New Inbox views:
New inbox view is a great feature that shows emails only from people in your contact directory. It is beneficial when you have all the people you work with, in your contact list. It isolates the emails and shows the messages you actually have to respond to.
Someone sends you an email about the latest trending video on YouTube. Instead of getting just a link to the video, the users can see a thumbnail of the video. Also, the users can play the video in the pop-up window right in their inbox.
Sweep Out The Junk:
The Hotmail’s sweep feature has made evicting spam ads from your inbox much easier. You may have many emails from the stores you no longer shop with or the semi-porn ads in your inbox. It is not complicated to get rid of such newsletters now which are not that useful. Hover over the sender of the message and choose to delete them all or automatically move them to another folder.
Bing is the Microsoft’s search engine. You are drafting a new email in your Hotmail inbox. You can now insert the information from Bing. No matter you need an image, video, web page info, and map data. Find the data and Hotmail will place it directly into your message with a link that will take you to the search result in Bing.
Edit Attachments In Office Online:
If you receive a document in PowerPoint, Excel or Word Hotmail provides you an option to open it in the Office online app. The user can also edit the document online, and in that case, Hotmail automatically uploads the file to Skydrive. Skydrive is the cloud storage site of the Microsoft.
Hotmail Sign up
Many people still use Hotmail email addresses, but it is no longer possible to sign up for a Hotmail account as Microsoft has replaced it with Outlook.com. It provides the same email services and general experience that made Hotmail one of the leading webmail services in the world.
Hotmail has upgraded to oulook.com so; it is providing the best-ever experience to the users. If you want to make a Hotmail/Outlook account, that process is not that complicated.
Here are the steps you need to follow to sign up for one of the best webmail services Hotmail:
- Open your web browser.
- Go to the Microsoft outlook website by typing https://www.outlook.com/ in the search bar.
- In the top right side of the page, there will be an option “Create account” Click on it.
- Then a screen will appear having the fields where you have to write your proffered email address. The user can here select the domain name @outlook.com or @Hotmail.com by clicking an arrow which is exactly on the right side of the field.
- After that, you need to write your password in the field below the new email field. Choose a combination of letters, symbols, and numbers as a password.
- There will be an option “send promotional emails from Microsoft.” If you want to receive these emails, click on it, otherwise skip it.
- Then click “Next“.
- Then a screen will pop up where you will add a few details. Enter your “First and Last name” in the given fields.
- Click “Next“.
- Click the “Country/Region” option and choose your current location.
- Then write your birth date including moth and year of birth in the given fields.
- Click “Next“.
- Enter the verification code. (click “New” to generate new code or click “Audio” to hear the code).
- Click “Next“.
You have entered the correct information then by clicking the “Next” your account will be created. So, make sure that you fill every field carefully. Always choose a combination of symbols and letters etc. as stated above to make your password secure.
Hotmail Login Process
Now, you want to sign in to your Hotmail account. Microsoft has replaced it with Outlook.com but no need to worry. No matter you go to www.outlook.com or www.hotmail.com. Either way, the user will be directed to the same hotmail login page.
- Open your browser.
- Go to www.hotmail.com.
- Enter email address in the given field.
- Enter your Hotmail account password.
- Click “Keep me signed in” option if you don’t want to enter username password again and again. Otherwise, skip it.
- Click “Sign in” option.
Can’t sign in to www.Hotmail.com account?
Are you unable to sign in to your Hotmail account? There could be various reasons. You may have forgotten your email address or password. If yes, then you have an option to recover your password. If you remember your email address and password and still having trouble to sign in then check the following:
- Caps lock is turned off or not.
- You have not logged in the account for more than 365 days as Microsoft may inactive the account if you don’t log in for one year.
- The spellings in the email address are correct.
- The service status is not green, then wait until the service status runs normally.
- Turn off automatic sign in.
- Reset your password.
What to do when your Hotmail Account is Blocked?
When Microsoft sees some unusual activity in your account, it may temporarily block your account. No worries, you can unblock your Hotmail account easily.
If you are traveling somewhere and you sign in to your Hotmail account they will ask you if it was you or someone else is trying to access your account. Upon verification, they will let you access your email. However, if it was not you, then they will block the account immediately.
Follow these steps to unblock your Hotmail/Outlook account:
- Go to https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx.
- Type the email address of your blocked account.
- Enter the characters that appear on screen (Captcha).
- Click “Next“.
- Enter the code.
- You can select “Choose another verification method” as well.
- After entering the security code, change your password.
The process of unblocking the account is not difficult at all as described above. You should make sure that you choose a strong and unique password. If your account is still unblocked then contact the Microsoft customer support department to get help.
Now accessing your emails is quite simple with Hotmail as long as you have a browser and an internet connection. No matter you are traveling or enjoying camping you can still respond to urgent emails.
This is the most complete guide about Hotmail login procedure and how to create your www.hotmail.com account in no time for free. For further help comment below, or contact us via form.